Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Walk away Wednesday...

Okay, so I am a bad blogger… missed a few days. Have had a rough few days and been busy. I am happy to announce though, the older I get, the more I am learning to let some things that bother me go (I didn’t say I always do, but its getting easier). I don’t understand why we get so irritated and angry at some situations dealing with people (strangers/friends/family), when we can just walk away. When I say, “walk away” I mean physically OR mentally walk away from the situation. Really, are most negative situations that bad that we bring ourselves/others down and make us miserable? Is it really worth it to let a person/situation piss you off, lets say, to the "heighth of piss-tivity", when there are a million other people you can deal with or something else you can be doing? Most things can be worked through/talked out… other times, its best to just remove your self from the situation or remove the situation from your self and move along. (And just how many times can a person type the word "situation" in a paragraph? ;-)~

So I’m listening to the radio on the way to work this morning, or should I say, my finger is perched on the scan button trying to find a song I can relate to. I find music is therapeutic and can change ones mood… if at the very least, for a few minutes. Same thing with photographs... I think that is one of the reasons why I enjoy photography so much too. (Yes, I am one of those weirdos that enjoys sitting down and looking at someone else’s 500 photos of their dog at different angles, etc.. Photographs are little moments frozen in time... memories... life happening.)

Browsing through the radio channels, I hit some country song on the radio (not a country fan either) that is repeating the chorus “live like you were dying”. Hmmmm, not a bad philosophy I’m thinking. Really, those are true words we should live by. Who knows when you are really going to go... it could be literally at any given moment. I know when it’s my time… I want to leave great things behind me for those left, and at the same time, go knowing I had a good and fulfilling time here on Earth. So after this emotional couple minutes in the car flying through traffic while solving the world's problems (multi-tasking?)... my finger reached for the scan button again. The rest of my ride to work I am dancing in the seat of my car looking a lunatic and singing to Billy Ocean's "Caribbean Queen"... yes, you read that right. Billy Ocean. Made me remember the old days of big hair, florescent pink shirts, painted on Jordache jeans and Kaepa sneakers...and how cool I really was... errr am. Another words, made me laugh out loud and realize that I truly am beyond a dork when I am alone with myself.

You see, in this 20 minute car ride to work, I had decided life is too short to not have a lot of fun along the way and not be yourself, to be unhappy or miserable, too short to let others walk all over you or dictate who/how you should be or feel... at the same time, life is too short to treat others badly or be a selfish person. Be yourself, have fun, treat others the way you want to be treated... and if someone doesn’t fit into that... then, yup... walk away. Ill just say, "God bless everyone, no exceptions", mean it, and move along. (If you're nice though, Ill play with you.)

What are you going to do with your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment